Tuesday, September 3, 2013

Stuff You Should Read Because I Said So - 9/3/13 - Football is here!!



September marks the beginning of several significant life events.

As evidenced by the cataclysmic wave of pictures on Facebook, many of you are sending your children of to school for yet another year of learning and extra curricular activities. I'm sure all of you moms out there are looking forward to all of the miles you are about to put on your minivan.

Those of us that have yet to embark upon the pleasure of parenthood have been counting down the days to one of the most important American traditions.

FOOTBALL SEASON!!!!!

Right about now I'm happier than Dikembe Mutombo blocking a shot.


You see, growing up in Western Pennsylvania you learn three important things:
  1. Never leave the house without a winter coat and an ice scraper.
  2. Iron City is NOT a real city.
  3. If you don't love football you might as well crawl back into the womb, because you don't belong here.
I could devote an entire wave of posts to counting the ways I love football season. The slight chill in the air, the smell of homemade chili bubbling in the crock pot, the sound my computer makes when one of my fantasy football players scores a touchdown, even my wife yelling at me for locking myself in the bedroom after my team loses.

Alas, I digress. I suppose I had better get on to this month's stuff you should read. Enjoy!

Fitocracy

I stumbled across Fitocracy a couple of months ago and was instantly intrigued. Fitocracy is the Facebook of fitness. You can create a free profile, log your workouts, earn points, complete quests, earn achievements, learn, and many others. It makes fitness a game of sorts. I believe creating a community and making fitness fun is very important. I would highly recommend checking this out. You can view my profile and add me as a friend HERE.

Why Do People Change?

Top 5 Reasons You're Not Seeing Results in the Gym

Lessons in Coaching

For the Millionth Time, Spot Reduction is a Myth!!

Fun Workout Challenge

5 Ways to Make Bench Pressing More Shoulder Friendly

2 Minute Injury Fix

5 Training Rules You Must Obey

Cleaning Up Kettlebell Swing Technique

No comments:

Post a Comment