Sunday, March 30, 2014

Stuff You Should Read Because I Said So - 3/30/14



I've said this before, but there is sooo much information out there.

As a "Life Long Learner" (aka nerd), I am constantly looking at research and new sources of knowledge through books, journals, articles, and blogs. Fitness is my passion, so it's easy to want to learn as much as possible for my own benefit and to apply that knowledge to help others.

That being said, it's a little overwhelming. There's a lot of conflicting information and opinions, so its hard to wade through all the proverbial bullshit and find good information. I suppose at the end of the day, you just have to hold true to your own values and methodologies and take everything you read with a grain of salt. I do the best I can with the the knowledge I have.

After all, we are all just winging it anyway right? 

This is why these types of posts are becoming a little more infrequent. I'm trying to place more emphasis on quality over quantity.

These are the best I have come across over the last couple of months. I found some great stuff about nutrition and strength here.

Relax and enjoy a little Sunday reading!

Block Periodization for Powerlifting with Jamie Smith - Part 1

Block Periodization for Powerlifting with Jamie Smith - Part 2

Addicted to Fatigue

The Dirty Truth Behind Emphasizing "Good Fats" in Your Diet

Get Strong First: Your Goals Depend On It

Recovering Your Metabolism: Do You Need to Decrease or Increase Your Calories? (Part I)

Recovering Your Metabolism: Do You Need to Decrease or Increase Your Calories? (Part II)

The Truth About Squatting Deep

How “Clean Eating” Made Me Fat, But Ice Cream and Subway Got Me Lean

4 Reasons You're Not Getting Stronger 

Are You Tucking or Flaring? (Great bench press read)

You Don't Know How to Breathe


No comments:

Post a Comment