Thursday, May 22, 2014

Stuff You Should Read Because I Said So - 5/22/14


For this edition of SYSR, I'd like you to think about where your "sanctuary" is. I would define a sanctuary as a place one can go to escape the world and relax. I'm sure we all have one, and if you don't maybe its high time you found yours.

It might be a local coffee shop around the corner, or your "man cave". Speaking from experience, most men need to look no further than their toilet. Kids driving you nuts? Need a break from the honey do list? Nothing like a good old number 2 to carve out 20 minutes to yourself. Come on guys, don't pretend it isn't true. If I had a dollar for every time I heard "Matt! What the hell are you doing in there?" I could take Jodie out to a nice dinner.



All kidding aside, your sanctuary should be a quiet place you can focus on something else and escape the chaos. With that being said, here are a few morsels I've come across in the last month. Seek out your toilet sanctuary and give these a read.


7 Habits of Highly Effective Movement Prep

Breathing Techniques for a Smaller Waist and Tummy

Heavy Deadlifting 101

Why Training Women is Different from Training Men

The Unexpected Flaw of the Paleo Diet Philosophy

Your Success Can't Be Quantified

Glute Activation

The Death of Steady State Cardio

Building a Superhuman Core

Dave Tate's Guide to Supplemental Movements



No comments:

Post a Comment