Saturday, January 23, 2016

Its a Bird! Its a Plane! Its a...Post?

Yes, its a post. I'm still alive and well. I wasn't abducted by aliens....or was I?



It may come as no surprise that I've been extremely busy and focused on other matters over the last year or so. I've become a father, which is awesome, and the new career has been progressing well. With all the life changes I felt it best that I take a break from writing altogether.

Lately I've been doing some reflection and realized that I missed writing. I'm very introspective (aka I think a lot), so I find it therapeutic to put my thoughts to paper. The difference moving forward is this time, I want to focus more on writing about what I'm passionate about and less on being so informative. Don't get me wrong, I still enjoy dropping the occasional knowledge bomb or two, but letting things flow more organically will be a good thing.

Obviously fitness is a huge part of who I am, but what else "floats my boat"? I'm a pretty simple guy, so the list is limited to family, good food, beer, sports and binge watching TV. So that's what I'll write about. More of a weekly journal/topic on my thoughts as a lifter, father, husband, and nerd included with my training journal. Then I'll go from there. Super simple.

Training

With all the new responsibilities and changes, my training has become very minimalist. Not that this was a huge change anyway. I've always found less is more. I'm currently perform 2 heavy training sessions/week in the gym and do GPP style workouts at home in the garage. I think most busy folks can and should train this way. You have plenty of time to recover so you don't feel beat up. There is also no time for bullshit exercises. As long as you show up and work hard, progress will still be made.

Tuesday - Lower Body

1. Deficit Deadlift (3") - 3x3 @ 375
2. Conventional Deadlift (touch & go) - 375x10
3. Front Squat - 4x10 @ 165

4A. Back Raise - 3x20
4B. Stir The Pot - 3x10 each way
5. Misc Calves

Thursday - Upper Body Focus

1. Slingshot Bench - 280x9, 280x(5, 3, cluster set)
2. DB Bench - 75x4x10

3A. Incline Chest Fly - 2x15
3B. Chins (various grips) - 3x10
4. Wide T-bar row - 2x12

5A. Hanging Straight Leg Raise - 3x15
5B. Reverse Curl - 2x15

No comments:

Post a Comment