Thursday, January 23, 2014

Distance Coaching Now Available



The landscape of personal training is changing.

The longer I am in the fitness business, the more aware I become of the limitations of one-on-one personal training. Don't get me wrong, I love helping others to improve their health and sense of well-being. It's a big reason I do what I do, but my scope of influence is limited in a formal in person setting.

Due to a combination of gym protocols, location dependency, and limited time, I can’t always provide my clients with the type of service that I believe they need and deserve. For example:

An effective workout is almost never exactly 1 hour in time

Some protocols call for 45 minutes, some as little as 30. Yet, in order to avoid a scheduling nightmare, I am forced to be with each client for a set period of time. Don't you think your training should take priority over how much time is on the clock?

Personal training is expensive

I absolutely believe I'm worth it, but the reality is that personal training is very much a luxury. It costs in excess of  $200 per week to work 1 on 1 with a personal trainer and that is just not an option for most people. Especially long term. I've seen it several times. The kids need braces, getting laid off, the air conditioner breaks. Guess what the first thing to go is? Now Matt has to shop at Aldi's and is stuck at home with a can of Beanie Weenies.

Limited Availability

I can only be available so many hours in a day, thus a limited amount of time exists where I can accommodate my client's schedules.

So I came up with a solution. Online personal training is quickly gaining popularity in the fitness industry. It is more flexible, and most importantly, much more cost effective.

If you are someone who possesses the necessary motivation, but needs some extra guidance, distance coaching might be a great fit for you.

I have put a lot of time into developing the systems which will allow this to run smoothly. Needless to say, I am pretty excited about it and believe this will be a great service. In order to provide the best service, I am only taking on a small number of clients. If you are interested act quickly! Just click on the distance coaching tab above for more information.

No comments:

Post a Comment